Sunday, May 12, 2013

level c question

Hello,
I have two questions:
Question 1:
In level C, I am confused about foul calls and the resulting 8m shot on goal. If there are goalies being used and a player is called for shooting space, for example, then the other team gets the ball and can they then take a direct shot on goal (assuming they have already made 3 passes) or do they always have to be indirect shots in level C. I am confused because I read two different things in the rules on mbgll’s site.

I see this from mbgll site under girls rules:
Fouls Fouls shall be the same as those outlined in Rule 6 of the US Lacrosse Women’s Rules with the following modifications:
1. No shooting on free positions, unless using a goalkeeper or modified goal opening (Level C). (Major Foul)

But then I read this:
Penalties for Fouls The penalty for fouls is a free position with all players, including the offender, moving 4m away from the player with the ball. For specifics on major, minor, and goal circle fouls and carding, see Rule 7 in the US Lacrosse Women’s Rules. A 3-second count violation is considered a minor foul with the closest defender to the ball carrier being awarded the ball. The only modification for these youth rules is in Level C, where all free positions are indirect (i.e., the player with the ball may never shoot directly from the free position).

I have had ref’s say different things so could you please clarify if in Level C and we are fouled can we take a direct shot on a goalie or not?



Question 2: In level C, there is no offside, correct?


Thank you,
Ipswich U11 coach